Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rational

More important to me than form and convention is expression. While the former are important context and expression take thoughts and ideas out of isolation and so they become objects and not subjects.

Writing from where I sit/stand, though, is political on one level but too about my individuality and the uniqueness of my being. ALready bound by my human form, color, appearance, nationality and history: individual and collective I create on one level to create a place for myself and my work. This after reading a very good, beautiful poem by Christian Campbell, Bahamian. It was in an interview done by my very good friend Lisa Allen Agostini in the now online Caribbean Review of Books. Im outside of all of that as a writer I think.

Forcing. Forging. Its as basic as anticipation, I might as well be tha thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment